The First DayThis afternoon I went to have a look at this Festival, on the first day of three for the new event. Fortunately I had parked some way away and walked down. As you might expect, the car park was full and vehicles arrived continually, only to depart soon afterwards! No-one is to blame, the Festival was really busy, and it is hard to imagine a solution to this problem, except for a huge multi-storey by the harbour! As well as the various food stalls, there was also a fairground and some live, quite vigorous music. The pictures below should give you some idea of the range of things to do. The header picture to this page shows that even adults enjoy a good but of kids’ fun, though one person is checking his mobile ‘phone while riding! It was a fantastic success on this, the opening day. The programme for all three days is at the bottom of this page.
Click to see an individual picture, or to view the gallery.Go to their website Here are some pictures from day two – as usual, click for a larger version or to scroll through the gallery. Note that a video is under preparation and will be added soon. It includes music from the Moddey Duo.
- Just walked across. Some delicious seafood. Also, try the homemade lemonade from the stall at the far end – best I have ever tasted. Two very funny men providing street entertainment – well worth a watch. A great first festival.
- Just on our way, it so nice to have the support for a local event for the first year ?Hopefully many more.
- Yes we were there, great day . Worth a visit.
- Wasn’t it great! Lovely atmosphere, lots of people spending! Shame we can’t offer more parking, there were a few spaces in the Avon Run car park (about 3pm) so I hope there were clear directions for our visitors who found that couldn’t park at Mudeford car park.
- I really hope it’s going to be an annual event now. Well done to organisers and to the Almighty for great weather on day one.