- Bournemouth Christchurch and Poole Councils have not met their targets for the past two years.
- Christchurch and East Dorset have not met theirs for six years.
- Only around a third of houses it has approved in the last three years have been built.
- Some sites have issues which affect their viability. A notable one is Roeshot Hill: the building of 875 homes received outline permission in 2017, but had been delayed through complex negotiations with Taylor Wimpey.
- Councillor Phipps said, ‘… delivery of housing can sometimes be out of our hands.’
It was reported in the Christchurch Times (10 October 2019) that housebuilding is not proceeding as quickly as it should be. As this article is not available online, here is a summary of the main points: