A list of past updates, this page started 14 May. Note that rarely a link may have expired.
- 16 July: * A pointless, rather sad story from The Echo. Weather added to home page.
- 15 July: * Yet more spectacular flowers
- 14 July: * Click to read about the new Burton Scout Hut
- 13 July: * The Music Festival Video is done. A weak attempt (the video, not the music!). Click here.
- 12 July: * Update about the Burton Scout Group.
- 11 July: * Somerford Road Development updated, and moved to front of Planning //* Difficult traffic in Highcliffe.
- 10 July: * Highcliffe Castle Events listed on Coming Up.
- 9 July: * Click here to see Highcliffe Castle events until September. Also added to Resources
- 8 July: * New development – and it’s not flats! Click here, or go to Planning
- 7 July: * Last day of the Christchurch Music Festival
- 6 July: * Light-hearted yet serious update on Oddments
- 5 July: * Oddments updated
- 4 July: * Christchurch Carnival added to Coming Up, 17 & 18 August // * An Echo article about the Burton Scout Carnival.
- 3 July: * More flowers, and a helpful map, I hope. Click to see
- 2 July: * July Oddments started. Click the picture.
- 1 July: * Important update – all Health Walks until October added to Coming Up
- 30 June: * The final June update on Oddments. // * Opening tomorrow. The Oaks page finished and moved to Completed Projects on Planning.
- 29 June: * Classic Cars tomorrow, 11am-5pm
- 28 June: * Another Family Fun day (20 July)! It’s at Waterman’s Park
- 27 June: * Christchurch Music Festival – July 5th-7th – on Coming Up // * They’re opening!
- 26 June: * Family Fun Day in New Milton on Saturday
- 25 June: * Very interesting update from yesterday’s item. Click here
- 24 June: * Steamer Point proposals added to Planning. Click here
- 23 June: * A little more certainty about the Burton Carnival time
- 22 June: * Added to Coming Up: Craft Fair & Entertainment, 6 July, The Priory – House Grounds
- 21 June: * It’s Dorset Dinghy Day today (Saturday). (Event over – page deleted.) // * Some rather vague information about the Burton Scout Carnival on July 6
- 20 June: * Chiropractic Clinic decision added to the planning page
* Nearly done at
The Galleon/The Oaks. Click here
- 19 June: * Planning Index page updated with Red House Museum (current) and Tom’s Bar (completed project) // * Development at the Red House Museum
- 18 June: * Concert on 9 July added to Coming Up // * New Forest Show – July 30/31 & 1 August added to Coming Up // * VERY important addition to the FlowerFest page. Click here
- 17 June: * Very interesting article about Coffee#1 // * FlowerFest page now complete
- 16 June: * It’s over! FlowerFest – much more on the page
- 15 June: * Last day of FlowerFest tomorrow (Sunday) // * Information about this year’s Stompin on the Quomps.
- 14 June: * Coffee #1 – News, added to Planning // * Big update about the FlowerFest, and still two days to go. Click to view
- 13 June: * FlowerFest starts tomorrow.
- 12 June: * Minor update on the Lymington Road flats // * Thursday organ recitals until July 11th added to Coming Up * Good item about the skate park * Crafty Wood Shop – moved back to current planning applications, as the plans are now passed.
- 11 June: * D-Day events page almost done, and added to Events Index. Click here to go to the page.
- 10 June: * July-September: Christchurch Health Walk programme // * Special flowers
- 9 June: * A bit more about The
Galleon/Oaks // * Burton Veterans’ Day – short update, just for now
- 8 June: * A licence for Tom’s? Click here. Also added to Planning // * Skate Park page complete // * Very interesting letter added to the D-Day page // * Picture added to the zig zag path page
- 7 June: * Update on the Highcliffe Food Festival page. I had forgotten the picture of the stilt chefs, taken on my iPhone
- 6 June: * Two items on Oddments // * News about The Galleon/The Oaks. Click here
- 5 June: * A lot about the Burton Veterans’ Day on Sunday
- 4 June: * Short but perhaps poignant update on Oddments
- 3 June: * Highcliffe Food & Arts Festival page complete and added to Events index
* An excellent guide to the D-Day events this week. Thanks so much to Brian Case, from BH Living magazine, for sending me the link. Click here.
- 2 June: * Highcliffe Grand Community Charity Fete on 27 July. See Coming Up, or click here.
* Page about the Highcliffe Food & Arts Festival started
- 1 June: * In case you thought they had gone, a new page with a few old items on updates. Link also added to the Oddments page.
- 31 May: * A little more added to the zig zag path page // * June’s Oddments page created, ready for tomorrow. Empty so far, as June doesn’t arrive for a few hours!
- 30 May: * Oddments updated with information about and pictures of the very impressive Skate Park and a mess at the old Council Offices.
- 29 May: * Remember the cupola? A little information here, and added to the planning index.
* Planning index page is now complete, and Christchurch Post Office saga added.
Go to the planning index. The Post Office page is the last item.
- 28 May: * Concert at The Priory added to Coming Up, 15 June
- 27 May: * European election results for our area // * Mudeford Seafood Festival now moved to Completed Events, and page almost complete // Minor update on the Lymington Road apartments
- 26 May: * The Portfolio Holders in BCP Council.
- 25 May: * Mudeford Seafood Festival – the first afternoon
- 24 May: * Details of D-Day events
- 23 May: * See Coming Up, 9 June, for lots about the Burton Armed Forces Day.
* The Thanksgiving Service for the Borough Council
* Page created for the Highcliffe Food and Arts Festival
- 22 May: * Much more information about this weekend’s Seafood Festival
- 21 May: * Happening Soon added to Events page, and a page created with information about this weekend’s Mudeford Seafood Festival
- 20 May: * ‘Other’ Menu sorted out, and index page created with the items on the menu
- 19 May: * Another, more personal and longer, update on Oddments
- 18 May: * Update on Oddments. Click here. * Local Happenings menu renamed to Other, and a Site Updates page has been added there, in case you found something much earlier and couldn’t remember where!
- 17 May: * Concert added to Coming Up, July 13; * As promised, all Election Literature received is published without comment, so click here for the UKIP one.
- 16 May: * Missed it! Click here and scroll down
- 15 May: * THREE pieces of information about next week’s election
- 14 May: * Websites moved from Local Happenings and added to Resources, menu item removed