Arrangements during the COVID-19 virus crisis
These are reopening on Monday 11 May …
… for residents who are unable to safely store additional waste at home and who have no alternative disposal options available.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: 11 MAY
As expected, the queues at the recycling centres are lengthy. It would be a good idea to wait for a day or two until it settles down. The picture on the left shows the queue at Poole today. Click to go to the Bournemouth Echo report, or choose the BCP Facebook page here.
This is what the Council wrote about the situation:
‘If you’re thinking of visiting our tips today, please look at this picture & decide if you really need to visit. This queue is at our Nuffield tip in Poole & reaches the toy superstore. If you do decide to come, expect long wait times & please treat our staff with respect, TY.’
The following safety measures must be adhered to:
- controlled queuing with traffic restrictions in place
- number of cars on site reduced by 50% to maintain social distancing
- visitors to each site must bring proof of residency to access the facilities (which can be displayed through a closed car window if necessary)
- Access for vans is still through the van permit schemes
- only 1 person will be able to get out of the car and unload the waste, so residents must not bring bulky items that require 2 people to carry them (Blue Badge holders can bring someone to assist them)
- staff on site will not be able to help unload your vehicle or dispose of your waste
- payment for chargeable waste will be with card only (preferably contactless)
- if queuing traffic becomes hazardous and dangerous, the HRC may have to close early to eliminate the problem or if we are instructed
- Please do not bring textiles and clothes to be recycled. Our textile collection banks are not currently available.
Commercial waste is still closed, regular customers will be contacted.
Our sites at Nuffield and Millhams will have extended opening hours. All 3 HRCs in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole will be open from 9am to 6pm every day with the re-use shop at Wilverley Road, Christchurch and the New to you shop at Nuffield, Poole remaining closed.
Please only visit if absolutely essential.