Inception of the Unitary Authority -Archive
- Discussion and refutation of Super Council Advantages: November 2016
Letter from Alistair Ford
- One Opinion, Two Voices: November 2016
Strongly-worded comments from the online Echo
- Sir Christopher Chope: December 1, 2016
Adjournment debate in the House of Commons (with Hansard link)
- Different Opinions: December 2016
Views of some Councillors about the merger
- Dangers of the Merger: Late 2016-early 2017.
Local Councillor DC Jones & Poole Councillor, Phillip Eades
- Effect on Local Planning: January 2017
By Lynne R on the local blog ‘Streetlife’ (now superseded by NextDoor)
- Late Action: 2 November 2017
Important notice from the Christchurch Citizens’ Association
- The Local Referendum: 2017-2018
The documents, voting, decision and subsequent Judicial Review
There are 76 councillors in office in BCP Council. As councillors, they represent local people.
A complete list of all the results, with background and some comment.
Background to the merger of with Bournemouth and Poole to form the BCP Unitary Authority.
There is also a report on the final meeting of Christchurch Borough council on Thursday, 28 March 2019.
Here is a page with a few items of historical interest about the merger process.
A few items of local interest, rather than detailed coverage of the national campaign.
Local News (non-political)
Christchurch Lions are to Close. Article dated 18 September